Kent And Medway
Overview of Kent And Medway Medical School
KMMS welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who have the potential to become good doctors, and serve the National Health Service. KMMS has pioneered ideas in selection, and our policies and procedures are different to most UK medical schools.
Course Structure of Kent Medical School
- Year 1: Community and Primary Care in Practice, Professional Development Person-Centred Practice, Skills for Clinical Practice, Foundations of Health and Disease Heart, Lungs and Blood Nutrition, Metabolism and Excretion
- Year 2: Community and Primary Care in Practice, Professional Development Person-Centred Practice, Skills for Clinical Practice 2, Neuroscience and Behaviour Reproduction and Endocrinology Musculoskeletal and Immune Systems
- Year 3: Mixture of medicine and surgery with clinical aspect
- Year 4: Specialist rotations, general practice, public health medicine and research
- Year 5: Senior rotations
Entry Requirements for Kent Medway Medical School
A* to B or 9 to 6 in five subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or a Double Science.
AAB which must include Chemistry or Biology, and one of either Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Psychology, Physics, Computing or Computer Science.
34 points overall including Biology or Chemistry at Higher Level 6 and one further Higher Level subject in Biology, Chemistry, Maths (excluding Maths: Applications and Interpretations), Physics or Psychology at grade 6.
Admission Tests for Kent Medicine
Yes. You have the opportunity to intercalate after your third year
Foundation Year / Gateway
Required. Kent and Medway provide students a 2 week Medicine Virtual Work Experience programme. Open to students in Year 11 and Year 12, the programme aims to provide an overview of what a career in medicine can offer. Runs in February.
Personal Statement for Kent Medway Medicine
Required. This will be looked at in prior to the selection for interviews.
Interview at Kent and Medway Medical School
Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)
January to March
- Motivation and understanding of a career in medicine
- KMMS itself
- Healthcare related topics in the news
- Qualities of a doctor
- Phone number: 01227 764000